Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Keep pushing yourself, try new things even if they dont work out. Keep going.





Long title, I know. What I learned today? Thing one is that I still cant get my background white without blowing it out. I did learn a different way of setting up my lights in spite of that. I have 2 AB800's and one 430exII. So I used the 2 Bee's to apparently , blow out the background and the 43o to shoot into a silver umbrella for a key light. I had a white reflector as fill. After it didnt work, I turned the 2 Bee's back at me for rim lights. Better. Even better was when I used one B800 as rim light w/barn door and the other in a large softbox as key. I put my 430 to work w/snoot as fill for subject right side. There are so many lighting combinations. I think the blown out white background was due to the subject being too close to the background.(2-3 ft-not to mention its just a 5ft seemless roll. I got frustrated, but I kept moving my lights around. I wanted to make the background black,but again, not enough room. I could have used 2 more Bee's w/grids and a strip box and a boom. Sure. But I can still get good photos from what I have. Its all about placement and knowing how to get the look your going for. Also, I search for blogs that interest me and that I can learn by. http://mola-light.com/blog/
http://www.squeezethelime.com/. So I keep searching and learning and trying new things. When I feel like its too much or i just can't seem to get it right(blown out white background), I put my head down and forge ahead. I'll get better. Its what I love to do and you dont get better by trying once or twice. When I get down, I get online and read about other people who were down, but kept on going. http://www.growthink.com/content/7-entrepreneurs-whose-perseverance-will-inspire-you

No comments: